Following an exhausting week filled with demanding work deadlines, family obligations, and the never-ending to-do list, many of us love the idea of enjoying a well-deserved, delicious meal. A delicious meal takes away all the tiredness of the previous week and puts in energy to accomplish tasks for the coming week. Finding the best place to eat can be a little culinary detective work. Finding a place that hosts a wide selection of exquisite delicacies and unique flavours that leave you wanting for more. Also when you reach this place you wish to explore the best dishes that suit your taste preferences and your loved ones.
If you’re looking to try exquisite cuisine with distinctive flavour profiles, we highly recommend giving Nepalese food a try. Nepalese cuisine is known for its exceptional and unique dishes that are sure to delight your taste buds. In this article, we will explore several lunch and dinner specials offered by Nepalese cuisine and why we are referred to as the best place to eat in Clagary.
Top Nepalese Dishes for Your Exclusive Weekend Brunch
At Calgary Momo House, we craft every dish with a blend of love and comfort, aiming to offer more than just a meal. Each creation captures the essence of our authentic Nepali culinary heritage. Discover below a selection of the finest lunch options and explore why we are known as one of the best places to eat for lunch in Calgary:
- Chicken Choila- Chicken Choila is one dish that will surely add a bold and zesty kick to your weekend. The preparation method begins by taking tender pieces of chicken marinated in a blend of spices, including red chilies, ginger, garlic, and mustard oil, which gives it a bold flavour. The smokiness and tanginess of the chicken comes from this blend of spices. Served either as an appetiser or a main course, Chicken Choila is a must-try for those seeking a delightful culinary adventure with a spicy twist.
- Paneer Momo- Paneer Momo offers a light yet a protein-packed option, perfect for those seeking a lighter lunch without compromising on energy. These Nepali momos come in five delightful variations, including steamed, fried, chilli, jhol, and tandoori. Filled with a blend of spiced cottage cheese and aromatic herbs, these dumplings are expertly rolled into crescent shapes and cooked to perfection.
- Himalayan Butter Chicken– Our reputation as one of the best places to eat in Calgary is owed to one star attraction: our lip-smacking Himalayan butter chicken. This popular dish features juicy pieces of chicken cooked in a creamy and velvety tomato-cashew based sauce. The use of spices, such as garam masala, ginger, and garlic, add a robust flavour to the chicken. The addition of butter and cream lend a velvety quality to the sauce. The dish is typically garnished with fresh cilantro and served with naan bread.
- Chowmein – Tofu Vegetable- Chowmein – Tofu Vegetable (LF) is a delicious and health-conscious option in Nepalese cuisine. This dish features stir-fried chowmein noodles, with an assortment of tofu and fresh vegetables. The tofu, known for its mild flavour and ability to absorb the rich and savoury sauces, adds a protein-rich component to the dish. The fresh vegetables, often including colourful bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, and more, add a refreshing and crunchy texture.
Top Picks For You Exclusive Weekend Dinner
Our dinner picks are as amazing and mouth watering as our lunch options. Below is a list of some of the best dishes for your weekend dinner:
- Chicken Momo– If you’re looking to try the best dumplings in Calgary, do not miss our popular chicken momos. Available in five options- Chilli, Tandoori, Steamed, Jhol, and Fried, our chicken momos are crafted with love. These bite-sized momos are prepared with a fusion of tender, marinated chicken filled in a delicate, translucent wrapper, folded into elegant pleats.
- Leg of Lamb- Slow Cooked- We take a premium, bone-in leg of lamb and marinate it with aromatic herbs, spices, and a secret blend of seasonings that infuse it with a depth of flavour. Our slow-cooking technique involves the lamb being gently roasted or braised for hours on end, allowing the meat to tenderise and soak in all the rich, savoury goodness.
- Chowmein- Shrimp- This traditional Nepali dish is a combination of shrimp, vegetables, and perfectly cooked noodles, all wok-tossed to perfection. Our Shrimp Chow Mein is a feast for the senses, starting with the aroma of garlic, ginger, and stir-fried goodness. The shrimp, plump and juicy, are the crowning jewels of this dish, imparting a delectable oceanic sweetness that pairs flawlessly with the savoury umami notes of the soy-based sauce.
- Sekuwa- Mutton/Goat- This mouthwatering traditional Nepalese dish features tender pieces of mutton (or goat) that have been expertly marinated with a blend of traditional spices and herbs. The highlight of our Sekuwa is the authentic charcoal grilling technique, which adds a smoky and charred essence that adds depth to the dish. The mutton is skewered to perfection, allowing the meat to cook slowly over the open flames, sealing in its juiciness and smoky aroma.
At Calgary Momo House we strongly believe in the idea of hospitality and ensure that your dining experience is filled with happy culinary memories. We prepare all our dishes keeping in mind the hygiene and health of our customers and ensure using locally sourced, fresh ingredients for the best experience. Every dish at Calgary Momo House is prepared by following authentic and traditional Nepali cooking techniques that will surely transport your taste buds to the lofty Himalayas.
Come with your loved ones and experience the true taste of Nepal like never before. Try our exquisite dishes and know why we are known as one of the best places to eat in Calgary